Friday 12 September 2014

Lessons In Love

Within a week of blessing my work with two rainbow labyrinth mandalas, and praying for ways to share it sustainably, a friend has asked for one.

Yesterday I read and adapted the Franciscan Fourfold Blessing:


THE GIFT OF TEARS

 May I be blessed with a restless discomfort about easy answers, half truths and superficial relationships, so that I may seek truth boldly and love deep within my heart.


May I be blessed with sacred anger at injustice, oppression and exploitation of people, so that I may tirelessly work for justice, freedom and peace among all people.

May I be blessed with the gift of tears to shed with those who suffer from pain, rejection, starvation, or the loss of all that they cherish, so that I may reach out my hand to comfort them.

May I be blessed with enough foolishness to believe that I really
can make a difference in the world, and maybe do what others claim cannot be done.

and illustrated it with this painting:




I have called this painting "Gift Of Tears". She was co-painted by raindrops, tears of Mother Earth. The friend to whom she is winging her way told me never to be ashamed or frightened of honest tears.
I love lighting a candle and painting a rainbow labyrinth mandala with a person or event or blessing in mind. I hope this a beginning of people asking me for rainbow labyrinth mandalas. This week I have painted one for the largest bruise I have ever had:


One to bless my first ever home on our ten year anniversary: 


and one today to bless my heart:


I could never have imagined in a million years that painting rainbow labyrinth mandalas was my destiny when I was growing up.

Just over a year ago I met a pair of swans near the beach where I like to walk. I felt they were teaching me to be, to accept that I am not wonder woman and maybe how to listen to my heart? I did not have a camera then and I did not have a camera today when I saw them again.  Of course I cannot know if it was the same pair of swans but I like to think so. The tide was out and there were dogs and people to disturb them this time. I sat on a rock and watched them circle me three times. At one point I could hear the wind in their wings. I hope they were deliberately communicating with me, teaching me how to "love deep within my heart". I hope they were a good omen. I hope I remember how they flew together around Cardigan Bay, devoted, inseparable, powerful.....






No comments:

Post a Comment