Sunday 7 September 2014

Blessing My Work


Yesterday I lit a candle an began to paint this Rainbow Labyrinth Mandala to bless my work, to pray that I do work that is completely new, unique , challenging and recognised as such. This was the result.

This morning I picked up my copy of Anam Cara by John O'Donohue and it opened at this blessing, which I had never read before:

May The Light Of Your Soul Guide You

by

John O'Donohue

May the light of your soul guide you.
May the light of your soul bless the work
You do with the secret love and warmth of your heart.
May you see in what you do the beauty of your own soul.
May the sacredness of your work bring healing, light and renewal to those
Who work with you and to those who see and receive your work.
May your work never weary you.
May it release within you wellsprings of refreshment, inspiration and excitement.
May you be present in what you do.
May you never become lost in the bland absences.
May the day never burden you.
May dawn find you awake and alert, approaching your new day with dreams,
Possibilities and promises.
May evening find you gracious and fulfilled.
May you go into the night blessed, sheltered and protected.
May your soul calm, console and renew you.

 I read the blessing aloud as I prepared to paint a second blessing for my work. The shape and the colours are different as is the blessing.


Maybe sometime soon I will feel ready to share my work with the world and allow her to support and feed and nourish and nurture me?

No comments:

Post a Comment