Sunday 11 January 2015

New Year Labyrinth




My new year labyrinth is dedicated to the Rainbow Labyrinth Project, to following where she leads me and to sharing her with the world.

After breakfast I walked up the lane with my dog and cats and sang the Song of the Rainbow Labyrinth. She changes every day, teaches me something new. Yesterday she added the word "darkness" to the indigo verse. Today "life, death" to the amber verse. Each morning I sink deeper into the Rainbow Labyrinth that is the Earth, my home planet.

Then I shared raw chicken with my animals and the red kites who dance above us as we walk and lit a candle for the Rainbow Labyrinth, another for me and one for the gnomes I work with. Then I painted a rainbow labyrinth. If I could do this every day of my life, I would be deeply, deeply happy and at peace. Maybe this year I will do so more. Maybe this year the minutiae of life, the noise of building work will intrude less on my creativity and peace?

How many other people prayed for peace this new year? How may years have many, many people prayed for peace? What will it take for the world to agree to play a new game of peace?


                                                                   Peace at any price
often means peace at the price of somebody else’s freedom, oppression or silence.

True peace is priceless
and true peace costs far more 
than most people of power and wealth and priviledge are prepared to pay

True peace costs the courage to be angry
the courage to listen
the courage to communicate clearly
the courage to share all our resources fairly
the courage of our convictions
the deepest of convictions
in the right of every human being
to co-exist on this planet
with true equality.

 By BrĂ­d Wyldearth 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment